A frugal Christmas is a cometh! And that means thrifty presents are required. Friends and family reading- there’s no point looking away now as you will have already read the title. This year I am making boxes of truffles to give as presents.
This is my recipe for 44 Irish cream truffles made for £4.99.
Irish cream 100ml £0.71
Dark chocolate 270g £3.00
Unsalted butter, cubed 150g £0.58
Double cream 150ml £0.60
Ballycastle is the cheap equivalent of Baileys and I think it’s just as good. It costs just £5 compared to Baileys which is around £12. The dark chocolate is Tesco’s finest and very delicious.
1) Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water and slowly melt the chopped up chocolate and butter.
2) Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the double cream and Irish cream.
3) Place the bowl in the fridge for a couple of hours until the mixture is firm.
4) Use a teaspoon to scoop out some mixture and roll it between your hands to form a ball around 2.5cm in diameter.
5) Spoon the cocoa into a bowl and a roll a few of the balls in the bowl at a time until they are evenly covered in cocoa.
6) Keep the truffles in the fridge until the day they are given as presents
PS. In my next post I’ll be wrapping the
truffles in an up-cycled box